Vaccine Mitra Chatbot: The Bihar government’s health department has launched a WhatsApp chatbot ‘Vaccine Mitra,’ which is dedicated to providing information about the Covid vaccination to residents.
The bot is free to use and will be available in English and Hindi languages. It is built with intuitive capabilities of the WhatsApp API platform that enables users to select ‘quick replies’ and eliminate the need for users to type out messages.
The chatbot can find the nearest vaccination center, helps create awareness about vaccine-preventable diseases, warn people who are at risk or have missed vaccinations, remind them when it’s time for their next dose, track vaccines they’ve received, provide information on how vaccines work and more.
Bihar Health Minister Mangal Pandey in a statement said, “Vaccine Mitra is a step towards digitally aiding citizens with easy access to information related to vaccination.
We are hopeful that the citizens of Bihar will find this useful and together we will achieve success by vaccinating the entire population.”
The main features of the ‘Vaccine Mitra’ chatbot are,
- It provides information on vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Finds the nearest vaccination center based on a user’s location.
- Remind users about their next dose of vaccines and for those who have missed it to schedule one as soon as possible.
- Tracks vaccines received by an individual from birth till adulthood which is until the age of 65.
- Provides information on how vaccines work by explaining their composition and mode of action.
You can access the ‘Vaccine Mitra’ chatbot for WhatsApp by sending ‘Hi’ to the number – 9431025555
Shivnath Thukral, Public Policy Director of WhatsApp India said, “Intuitive and seamless technologies such as WhatsApp have made critical contributions in helping governments elevate citizen engagement and services.
Bihar government’s custom tech-solution in the form of ‘Vaccine Mitra’ Helpline chatbot on the WhatsApp API is a testament to the effective and scalable, transformational power of technology put to use by the Bihar state administration.”